Saturday, February 6, 2016

Happy 2nd Retirement/Homecoming Anniversary Wesson!!!!

 All the ponies had some fine German beer in their dinner tonight to celebrate!

Today is Wes' second retirement/homecoming anniversary!  Brook Ledge delivered him to me at 2:30 am from Salt Lake City after a layover in Lexington.  I waited eight years for him.  I just wanted to make sure he was safe and taken care of when he retired.  I didn't care if I never put another harness on him or hitched him to anything again.  I just wanted to know he was safe, well cared for, and had a forever home.  He is such a special horse.

Here is the post from the day he got home (when our home was in Georgia).


This video is in the link, but I'm going to post it here too.  It still makes my eyes tear up when he gets up and just looks around like he can't believe he can just go do whatever he wants.  He was free, no more being a piece of equipment to generate income.


Here is the post about him being picked up in SLC:


And, here is our story:


Happy anniversary Wes!!!!

2 comments: