Monday, April 10, 2017

HN's Oh Crap Monday Revisited


Every Monday our friends at Horse Nation do a little feature called "Oh Crap Monday."  Last Monday Klein and I had the honor!  Click here to see us do the honors!  In our lesson that week Klein I happened to get on video what happens when Klein is right and I am very clearly wrong!  

As you can see I didn't have the greatest approach, Klein can jump from a counter canter, I decided not to fix her, that wasn't the issue, the issue was I cut that turn a little bit too much and didn't see that distance.  That's what I get haha.  So, Klein went for it as she should and I took a flyer.  I got launched and just couldn't right myself.  

I realized once I was coming off that if I let go of her neck I was going to take a knee to the face because she just couldn't stop that quick.  She does her very best to avoid me in situations like this and she always stops, she doesn't just keep going.  She always just looks at me like "Can you get it together?  Please?"  I didn't want to scare her if she kneed me in the face, so I pulled my knees up the my chest and just hung onto her neck until she got stopped.  When she stopped, I just lowered my feet, stood next to her, apologized and told her what a good girl she was.  The video stops before that last part.  

I hopped right back up and came around again and we nailed it as you can see in the post.  It's been a while since I've come off, so we should be good for a while now!

No comments:

Post a Comment